Friday

Dealing With Asthma

My Asthma Story


This blog is presented by an individual who has had "ASTHMA" since birth and continues to deal with Asthma. I am not a doctor and I am interested in sharing my experiences both good and bad. This blog will discuss and review commonly accepted facts or truths as presented in the community regarding asthma, asthma treatment, asthma triggers and ways to prevent "asthma attacks". This blog will also discuss some of the methods used to control "asthma" whether it is by using over the counter Asthma medication, breathing techniques or potential herbal remedies or other various methods of Asthma Treatment. Again, I am not a doctor and anything represented here in is a product of either experience or by research online of through communication with others. This blog will only give you clues I have expereinced and read about when it comes to Asthma and diagnosing asthma.

Any
treatment of asthma should be reviewed, discussed and approved by the patient and their physician. I can't ephazise more than enough how this blog is only here to share experiences and opinions related to Asthma and various methods of asthma treatment and asthma prevention. I hope to provide "Asthma help" through my experiences "dealing with Asthma". I spent many nights in the hospital because of Asthma, compounded by sinus problems. I have used all types of asthma medications and a variety of Asthma treatments since 1973. I plan to discuss and research the following information about asthma as it relates to me personally, while sharing my research I have found as relating to asthma treatments and asthma medications. I inted to start out discussing the "history of Asthma", "Diagnosing Asthma", "Asthma Prevention", ways of "testing for Asthma" prescriptions used for Asthma, using Asthmatic tolls such as a Nebulizer, dieting and asthma, common asthma statistics and possible asthma prevention. I have no idea which I will address first. I will most likely share the history of asthma and asthma statistics.

About me:

Dealing with Asthma as a kid I remember my parents trying to sit me in a warm bath as was suggested by doctors as a form of Asthma Treatment. As a kid I did not want to do this. So, my point is if a kid continually does not want to do something during an Asthma attack or asthmatic flare up don’t make them do it. Of course, this is after trying the same kind of Asthma treatment a couple of times. If the kid has tried it and doesn’t want to do it, I suggest you don’t make them do it. Kids know what works and what doesn’t. I say this because my experience has taught me that being in a warm\hot place when having an asthma attack makes things worse for me. For instance anyone that has ever gone swimming and went to the deep end of a pool can feel the pressure on their body and chest. Think about a child having trouble breathing and throwing them into a warm bath. Does this not put more pressure on their chest making it even more difficult to breathe? If having something warm helps when they are having an asthma attack, put them in a warm shower. I also remember doctors telling us that extreme cold helps "trigger" Asthma Attacks. I would tend to agree it aggravates my asthma. However, my earlier experience my father cracked open my bedroom during the winter thus helping freshen up my stuffy room and helping me breath (maybe something was triggering my attack). This relaxed me and helped me with my Asthma.


My point is something that assit kids in treating their asthma, is finding something that relaxes them. This is not the same as distracting them. Sometimes the simple stoking of the hair on the head of a child could help the child to relax. If you are interested in adding a story about "dealing with Asthma" or a successful for of Asthma Treatment, let me know

No comments: